Daily, 12:00 AM
Cabarrus County Blessing Boxes
It only takes 1 item to make a difference. Now that schools are closed our blessing boxes are even more important to our community! Please drop off a few items to any box. For more information, follow them on Facebook.
Boxes are located at:
1. Concord Fire Stations
- Station #5 - 179 Pitt School Rd., Concord
- Station #4 - 1165 Warren C Coleman Blvd., Concord
2. Cabarrus Health Alliance - 300 Mooresville Rd., Kannapolis
3. One life Church -1030 Central Dr. NW, Concord
4. Z Max Dragway off Bruton Smith Blvd
Cooperative Christian Ministry food pantry needs:
- Canned corn, mixed vegetables, and carrots
- Pasta sauce, diced tomatoes
- Instant potatoes and dried beans
- Tuna and canned chicken
- Canned fruit
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Diapers sizes 4, 5, and 6
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
Or make a financial donation on their website.
Donations can be dropped off between 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, Monday-Friday at 246 Country Club Dr., Concord, NC 28025.
If bringing donations before 9:45 am, please drive in the “exit” –the entrance will be blocked.
Questions? Please call Kris Edscorn at 704-706-9897 or via email
Kannapolis City Schools
Help meet the needs of individual student identified by our staff and posted through the Purposity app. For more information, visit KCS.
Meals on Wheels
We are looking for volunteer drivers to service older adults, adults with disabilities and veterans in our community.
For more information please call Taylor Brock at (704) 932-3412 or email
Follow Meals on Wheels:
Blood Donors Needed
Schedule an online appt or contact the Concord Center at 980-255-5410, 363 Church St North Suite 170, Concord, NC 28027
Red Cross opportunities include:
- Blood Donor Ambassador
- Communications/Public Affairs
- Disaster Action Team
- Home Fire Campaign
- Military/Veteran Assistance
- Office Support
- Preparedness Educator
- School Clubs
- Special Events/Fundraising
- Transportation Specialist
- Volunteer Management
Getting started as a Red Cross volunteer is easy. Visit their website.
You will create a Red Cross ID and log into Volunteer Connection which will guide you through the remaining steps.
Rowan Helping Ministries
Guidelines to Volunteer
- I have not traveled out of the United States (internationally) within the last two weeks
- I have not traveled domestically to areas experiencing confirmed COVID-19 illnesses
- I have not knowingly been exposed to someone who has traveled internationally or to areas within the United States with confirmed cases of COVID-19 illnesses
- I have experienced no illnesses including cough, sneezing, sore throat, fever, chills, headache, stomach virus, or diarrhea within the last two weeks.
Here are our current needs based on recent cancellations and open shifts:
Rowan Food Pantry
- We will no longer offer client-choice options in the pantry so all volunteers will be filling orders and placing groceries directly in client vehicles. Email Betsy Warner or 704-637-6838 ext. 112.
Dates & Times:
- March 17: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 18: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 19: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 20: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 23: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 24: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 25: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 26: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 27: Noon-3pm; 3pm-5pm
- March 30: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
- March 31: 8am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm
Family Food Bags
- Food from The US Department of Agriculture’s Emergency Food Assistance Program will still be available to our clients during this time. We have had many groups cancel and are encouraging small groups of individuals to come in shifts and pack bags to help get us by. Please email Monica Seamon or call 704-637-6838 ext. 105 to see how you can help. You will be in our lower level with no interaction outside of yourself and our Food Operations Coordinator.
- We are trying our best to continue offering 3 meals daily but have had a large number of volunteer cancellations. While groups are the most efficient way to cover an entire meal, we welcome any individuals willing and able to sign up for a shift. If you do not feel comfortable coming to serve but can cook meals at home to drop off, we would be grateful! Email Cheryl Linder, Kitchen Manager, 704-637-6838 ext. 108.
Here are our open meals:
- Breakfast- March 18th, 22nd, 25th, 28th-30th
- Lunch- March 17th
- Dinner- March 17th, 25th
Small Business Resources
A guide to helping small businesses Navigate the COVID-19 crisis.