Daily, 12:00 AM
Bright Blessings & The Giving Village
Hygiene Kit Service Project: As part of our Gift of Care program , Bright Blessings provides thousands of personal care kits for thousands of homeless and disadvantaged children each year. Good health and hygiene is essential to positive emotional and physical development for all children, and even more critical for those who lack regular access to care supplies due to poverty. Your support can help ensure that thousands of kids in need receive these basics. Any questions, contact Bright Blessings at 704-846-2329.
Project Instructions: Fill large ziploc bags with 1 each of the following items. Items must be new and in unopened individual packages. NO hotel samples or travel sizes, please.
Cabarrus County Blessing Boxes
It only takes 1 item to make a difference. Now that schools are closed our blessing boxes are even more important to our community! Please drop off a few items to any box. For more information, follow them on Facebook.
Boxes are located at:
1. Concord Fire Stations
- Station #5 - 179 Pitt School Rd., Concord
- Station #4 - 1165 Warren C Coleman Blvd., Concord
2. Cabarrus Health Alliance - 300 Mooresville Rd., Kannapolis
3. One life Church -1030 Central Dr. NW, Concord
4. Z Max Dragway off Bruton Smith Blvd
Cabarrus Women’s Center
CWC is in need of N95 masks, splash shields, paper towels & Clorex Wipes. If you have a connection that may be able to supply these, please contact Sarah Sheperis at 704-782-2221 or via email.
Cabarrus Meals on Wheels
We are looking for volunteer drivers to service older adults, adults with disabilities and veterans in our community.
For more information please call Taylor Brock at (704) 932-3412 or email
Church of God Children’s Home of NC, Inc.
Is need of N95 masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disposable gowns for at-risk children. Call 704-788-1164, 8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Community Free Clinic
Is in need of financial support for supplies, materials, and new expenses to support infrastructure and Telehealth options. Contact Nancy Litton at or 980-498-3501.
Cooperative Christian Ministry food pantry needs:
- Canned corn, mixed vegetables, and carrots
- Canned Meats (tuna or chicken)
- Canned tomatoes
- Peanut Butter
Or make a financial donation on their website.
Donations can be dropped off between 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, Monday-Friday at 246 Country Club Dr., Concord, NC 28025.
If bringing donations before 9:45 am, please drive in the “exit” –the entrance will be blocked.
Questions? Please call Kris Edscorn at 704-706-9897 or via email.
Elder Orphan Care
Is in need of financial donations for groceries, deliveries, ramps, medical equipment, etc. Window units for heat/air conditioning are also needed. Drop off between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, at 325 McGill Ave. NW, Suite 520, Concord, NC. Contact Kim Jackson at or 704-787-5280.
First Responders 1st
Habitat Cabarrus ReStore
We are so excited and grateful that you're team has expressed an interest in volunteering with us at the ReStore!
Some information to help with planning your day:
- We will begin shifts on Tuesday, June 16 (you choose what days work best for your team and let me know by replying to this email)
- The ReStore is open Tuesday through Saturday and shifts can begin at 10:30 am and go until 5:00 pm (we ask for a minimum 3 hour commitment per shift)
- Group size is strictly limited to 5 (fewer is totally fine!)
- Please come prepared to work!
- Please bring your own mask and gloves for protection/safety• Wear something you don't mind getting dirty (jeans and t shirts are ideal)
- Close toed shoes are required
- Signed waivers (safety release and Covid questionnaire) are required prior to volunteering and will be provided upon arrival for your shift - if you've been sick or around someone who has, please refrain from volunteering
- We ask that you bring your own water bottles (for cleanliness and safety) and if you need snacks, that they are brought individually and not shared among your group (consider leaving them in your car)
- Some examples of what you may be doing include unloading furniture, cleaning/organizing items, assembling new shipments/donations, greeting customers and explaining store discounts.
- Social distancing is expected and appreciated
- Volunteers must be 18 (due to Covid restrictions) - please help us adhere to this safety rule
- We have hand sanitizer but if you have your own, please feel free to bring it!
- Once you choose your date(s), send me an email. I will then send you a confirmation email and copy the ReStore Manager.
- At this time, until an assistant store manager is hired, I'll be scheduling teams, so we don't double book.
Thank you so much for your continued support during this trying time! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Kippi Laws! We look forward to having you at the ReStore! PS. Don't forget to share with your friends/family that the ReStore officially opens on Saturday, May 30!
Kannapolis City Schools
Help meet the needs of individual student identified by our staff and posted through the Purposity app. For more information, visit KCS.
New Healthcare Concepts, Inc.
No Kid Hungry North Carolina
Blood Donors Needed, Schedule an online appt or contact the Concord Center at 980-255-5410, 363 Church St North Suite 170, Concord, NC 28027
Opportunity House & Harmony UMC
Is in need of bread, canned goods and non-perishables, cleaning supplies, sanitizer, paper products, personal items, toothpaste & toothbrushes, and feminine products. Drop off between 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, Opportunity House, 72 Corban Ave. SW, Concord, NC.
Red Cross opportunities include:
- Blood Donor Ambassador
- Communications/Public Affairs
- Disaster Action Team
- Home Fire Campaign
- Military/Veteran Assistance
- Office Support
- Preparedness Educator
- School Clubs
- Special Events/Fundraising
- Transportation Specialist
- Volunteer Management
Getting started as a Red Cross volunteer is easy. Visit their website.
You will create a Red Cross ID and log into Volunteer Connection which will guide you through the remaining steps.
Small Business Resources
A guide to helping small businesses Navigate the COVID-19 crisis.
Wings of Eagles