Thursday, October 01, 2020 - Monday, November 09, 2020
It’s time to fast and pray at Connect. Why? Because the enemy wants to divide us, but Jesus tells us to stand united in Christ. America is divided; anger is raging; therefore, the Church needs to come together to pray and fast so it can stand united in Jesus.
Beginning October 1, we will pray for our country, for our leaders, for a peaceful election, and for unity in the Church. Here’s what you can expect during this initiative:
- 1 united prompt to pray each day
- 1 meal a week to fast and pray
- 2 nights to gather in person at Connect for prayer
Join us in the Worship Center from 7:00-7:45pm for Prayer Nights at Connect:
- Monday, October 12
- Monday, November 9
Keep in mind the words of Jesus in the gospel of John 17:20-21 – “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.”
How To Experience 40 Days of Prayer:
- If you do not pray daily, this is a great excuse to begin! Here’s a prayer tool you can use:
- A = Adoration: Acknowledge God’s greatness through adoration.
- C = Confession: Confess your sins/faults/failures and ask Him to forgive and strengthen you.
- T = Thanksgiving: Give thanks to God for love, hope, life, relationships, purpose.
- S = Supplication: ask God to provide for your needs, for specific things.
- Use the daily prompt as a supplement to your regular prayer time.
- Read the Scripture out loud.
- What does this passage say about God, Jesus or His plan?
- What does this passage say about humans?
- What do I need to change?
- Who can I share this Scripture with?
- Fast (abstain) for one meal each week; channel your hunger into a time of prayer with Almighty God. If you want to learn more about biblical fasting, here’s a helpful article.