The Sports Ministry of Connect exists to connect people to Christ. In the process of playing sports and connecting people to Christ, our desire is for participants to also build stronger relationships with each other. Sports teams function like a “Connect Group.” Teams grow, pray, help, encourage and share their lives with one another. This connection allows participants to gain knowledge and wisdom, develop Christian character and practice spiritual values we need to reflect Christ in their lives. For further details or questions regarding the Sports Ministry please contact Eric Pruitt.
Here are the sports opportunities we offer:
- Open Gym Volleyball: Monday nights from 6:30-8:30 pm (Free to play)
- Open Gym Basketball: Wednesday and Friday mornings from 5:45-7:30 am (Free to play)
- Softball Leagues: Men’s league offered twice a year during the Spring and Fall. Co-ed league offered for each as well (dependent on if enough ladies sign up to play) ($45 per player)
- Basketball League: Men’s league offered every Winter (January - March on Tuesday and Thursday nights) ($45 per player) If you are interested in signing up a team or yourself, please click here for more information.
- Spartan Sprint Team: An annual race held in Concord each April that stretches your physical and mental strength. Members from the church who participate train periodically throughout the year as a team. Fees vary with this event.
For further details or questions regarding the Sports Ministry please contact Eric Pruitt.