October 8, 2020
Connect Church Family,
The Elders are so appreciative of the partnership we share with you as we endeavor to walk this Christian life together, serving each other and our community for Christ. We know this has been an extraordinarily challenging year in so many ways for everyone. There are times when it feels like we are just trying to get through the day. But in this season of chaos, we wanted you to know that the Leadership Team of Connect is spending a lot of time planning for the future. We felt it was important to give you some insight into activities at Connect that go way beyond what you may experience live or on video during our Sunday worship services!
We all need to be encouraged by the hope for brighter days ahead. We all want to be excited for the future; for ourselves, our families, our community, and our church. We want to be inspired by the prospect of greater impact in the real lives of those around us.
There is a strong sense of leading and direction that is prompting us to act with urgency in this time when people need real truth and light more than ever. Below are some of the exciting things being worked on to help us move forward with renewed energy, refined focus, and greater passion.
- Vision, Mission and Values – It has certainly been an interesting year for any Lead Pastor, no less one in his first year in the role! But we have a fantastic opportunity to renew and refine the Vision, Mission and Values of our church to align with the things that God is laying on James Kuhl’s heart. We want you to be as excited as we are about this chance to add greater definition and emphasis to the culture we want this church to be defined by. Ultimately, since you are the church, it is how you live these things out in real life that define how people see and experience Connect. We are planning to communicate and launch the new Vision, Mission and Values as we move into the New Year. Be in prayer and preparation for the exciting journey ahead!
- Personnel – With our new Lead Pastor (James Kuhl), our new Discipleship and Engagement Pastor (Jesse Smith), our new Facilities Director (Ward Smith) and our ongoing search for the new Worship Pastor, Connect has a unique chance to inject new perspective, energy and passion into our ministries. These are exciting times! With each new member of the Connect Team, we have been seeking not only the willingness and ability to thrive in the role being filled, but the chance to bring even more emphasis to the culture of our church; one that is defined by real impact in the real lives of our community. People need the real truth, the real love and the real hope of Jesus more than at any point in recent memory!
- Strategic Planning – The Connect Leadership Team will be holding a 3-day Strategic Planning session on-site with our partner Gary Johnson from E2 Elders during the period from October 25th – 27th. Our goal is to create a 3-Year strategic plan that lays out the blueprint for our church’s ministry going forward. We are passionate and enthusiastic about aligning our path forward with God’s plan for our church! Please be in prayer for the Leadership Team and for Gary Johnson as we embark on this important journey together.
- Discipleship – We are blessed to have Jesse Smith leading our efforts on discipleship for Connect. His passion and dedication to that endeavor are truly inspiring and infectious! Jesse is working with the Leadership Team, researching and evaluating many different discipleship approaches and programs from leaders and churches around the country. We will be further defining Connect’s discipleship approach so that we can hit the ground running on the heels of the rollout of Vision, Mission and Values. We believe we are being called to generate a renewed focus and enthusiasm in this critical aspect of the Christian life.
We hope you can begin to get a sense for the excitement we are feeling about the future of Connect. We want to be obedient to God’s leading and direction, trusting that aligning our path with His will allow the kind of real-life impact only He can bring.
We know that the real story of Connect will be revealed in you. You are this church! We are in prayer for each member of this Connect family, and for every person God is preparing to join our family as we do this Christian life together. God has designed every one of us with a real purpose in His kingdom. Each one of us is a critically important piece of the puzzle; one that the picture cannot be completed without! (1 Corinthians 12:27) Please be in prayer with us and for us as God reveals His plans for even greater impact in and through this church family. We love you and we need you to be engaged and on mission for Jesus. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
In closing, we are reminded of a Scripture passage that makes clear God’s blessing for those who earnestly seek Him. Remember, in Christ our future is secure … and God has a perfect plan to use us to advance His kingdom:
- Jeremiah 29:11-14 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord,…
Matt Dowd (
Tim Farrar (
Alan Goodman (
Rob Hyatt (
Randy Stewart (