As intentional givers we give to demonstrate our love, devotion, and worship to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. After all it is He who taught us that it is better to give than to receive. Giving is one element of our worship experience each week.
Connect has several ways you can give to God’s work through your tithes and offerings. You can give by cash or check during our weekend services; you can mail a check to our offices; you can give electronically through Secure Give; you can have a deduction automatically taken from your checking or savings accounts, and you may use a giving kiosk in the lobby.
FAQ on giving at Connect:
What is SecureGive:
- SecureGive is an online giving platform developed by a pastor for pastors to make online giving easy for the congregation it serves.
What do I need to do to give electronically?
- Option 1: Contact your bank and you can easily direct your bank to send funds to Connect electronically. Be sure to include your name in the memo field to ensure proper credit for the contribution. Typically they will need our church name and address.
- Option 2: Contact the church office and ask for an ACH form or you can download the ACH Form and return it to the Church office. You provide your bank account information and the amount you wish to give and the church’s bank will automatically draft your contribution. This can be done on the 3rd and/or 18th of the month.
Can I make donations to a specific fund?
- Yes. Once you login, select the donation option and then select the fund you wish to make the donation to.
Can I make payments for specific activities?
- Yes. Once you login, select the payment option and then select the category for the event you are paying for. The website allows you to leave a message if you are paying for a specific event.
If I give electronically or online, can I still make other donations through the offering plate?
What if I need to make changes to my electronic giving?
- If you give electronically through your own bank, you will need to contact them to make changes. If you have the church automatically draft your contribution, then you need to email the Finance Office.
Can I gift Stock?
- Gifting appreciated stock to the church is allowed. It is considered a charitable donation for the full market value of the securities and avoids capital gains tax. Please consult your tax advisor or the IRS to determine specific tax consequences. To donate your stock please do not sell the securities. The church will sell the stock once it is received. Please email the Finance Office for paperwork.